Saturday, December 14, 2013

Aurora Sting (오로라스팅)

I've been talking about this duet for about a month now, ever since I first saw them. They're called Aurora Sting (오로라스팅) and I can't say enough good things about them! I saw them while they were performing in Hongdae for the Free Market and after I got back to my room, I looked them up immediately. I found their facebook page (CLICK) and after messaging them, one thing led to another and today I ended up being able to go see their showcase/first album release! They have a great album and I'm so happy I got to see them perform again before I leave, it was really wonderful! There were only about 15 of us total, so it was very comfortable and cozy! I may have been the only person who wasn't a friend of someone in the band... but they were really nice and welcomed me!

Also, I want to mention that the instagram-ish filters over all my pictures in this particular post are because the lighting in the bar was really bad. It was either the filters or black and white. So, I chose to keep some color. They enhance the "indie band" feel, right?? (excuses...)

Before the showcase, I had a few minutes and hit up ThanksBooks. They have a huge selection of quirky art books, of which I need to go take a better look at another day when I have more time! 

Hongik University was all lit up!



"Pink Moon" was the bar that they were performing in!





As you can see, I didn't pick the best seat. But I've always felt weird being that person who gets up and gets in people's faces just to get a good angle. The point was to enjoy the music, which I did very much! :) This brought back warm fuzzies because I still remember going to watch my sister perform in places like this! I'm so happy I got to see them perform!

1 comment: