Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cheonggyecheon Lantern Festival Pt. 2

Part 2 of the Lantern Festival pictures!

This particular group of lanterns were meant to represent part animals and part humans. The description of them said that it was the artist's imaginary, dream-like take on animals.  






Traditional Instruments... 



















After walking around the river, I decided to take a stroll around the outside of the lantern area. I was very cold by then, so I didn't go too far, but I got to see two interesting monuments! 

Sejong The Great, the creator of the Korean alphabet. This statue was unveiled in 2009, which was the 563rd anniversary of the invention of Hangul. 



My dinner after I made it back to my dorm! This is my favorite meal to order from the Korean restaurant next to my dorm: 볼고기덮밥. It's bulgogi with white rice, kimchi, a small container of soup, and pickled veggies. SO GOOD! I'm going to miss this one after I go home! 

Also, at the lantern festival, they were selling cute light up toys! There were so many different ones and since I'm a sucker for cute things, I had to get it; but I also really wanted to get something to remind me of the festival! So, that was the 2013 Seoul Lantern Festival from my perspective! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment