Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cheonggyecheon Lantern Festival Pt. 1

Seoul's yearly Lantern Festival is a very big celebration where tons of people come to see the displays along the Cheonggyecheon Stream. This festival only began in 2009 and the lanterns are made by local, as well as international artists. The displays this year were all about the history of Korea, mostly looking back at the large events and certain details of each period in time. Whether it's day or night, the displays are really, quite incredible! I went a bit early so that I could walk down the stream before the lights went on, and then stayed after it was dark to get the same pictures with the lanterns lit! These lanterns really blew me away since I've never seen anything like this! Many of them even had motion or flashing lights that changed colors! I'm not going to comment much, since this is more of just a visual post :) Part 2 will come very soon! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment