Saturday, October 12, 2013

Samcheondong-gil

Yesterday I visited a street by the name of "Samcheondong-gil". APPARENTLY, this street is supposed to be peaceful and quiet, but when I was there it was bustling and loud. Perhaps I didn't go to the right area? (Looking at the pictures in the link, I don't recognize any of them...) Not that is matters, since the area I visited was really pretty and there were many cute shops and buildings with interesting architecture. I am a bit regretful since I left at 3pm and didn't even get there until about 4:30pm, and by that time I only had about an hour or two before the sun set. I'll have to go back at an early time so that I can take pictures that aren't at night. But there were really a ton of people... maybe because of was Saturday? I've been thinking that I should really visit places during the week so there are less people, I just have to figure out a schedule around my classes.

Anyway, I really want to go back to this place! There was also a palace nearby, so if I go early enough one day, I'll try to find it!

I loved all the stone work!
 


LOVED this artwork!



I don't know what this is supposed to signify... but I liked it anyway! Also, I know it's totally creepy, but I love catching people within their own pictures. I like taking pictures of people posing for a picture that isn't mine... is that weird? That's weird. 





There was so many different architectures within this area! It was like looking at a strange collage. 




This was the sunset from the night before. Korea is like a vintage, unsaturated postcard! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, my bad for not checking your blog since Thursday night! You posted so much! I love the portraits, they show so much personality of the person - I don't know any of those people, but I get a sense of who they are just in the way they stand or how they pose. So interesting! And yeah it's a little bit weird that you like taking pictures of people getting their picture taken, but it's like... the opposite of "photo bombing" right? So not that weird? Hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete