Friday, October 11, 2013

Portraits and Expressions

Yesterday, while I was preparing for my group presentation before class, one of my wonderful group members came up to me and we started talking about photography! Because they all know that my major is photography, he told me about how his friend is the president of a club and they are taking individual club pictures the next day and needed a photographer. I was so excited that he asked me, because I've been itching to take portraits and fashion pictures, so this seemed perfect!

I met up with the guy from my group (who I have to say, is probably the nicest person I've ever met. He is one of those people who is friends with everyone and anyone you talk to says how nice of a guy he is. He's just welcomed me so warmly whenever we do things and it's such a relief to see that there are people like him in the world!) and he took me to a local park where about 20 people who were all dressed up were waiting. One by one, I took their pictures and it just reminded me how much I love working with people! I love capturing different expressions and bringing out the inner feelings of people! Even though the communication was a little difficult, it was still really fun and my friend helped me by translating a lot!





This guy kept posing for me, he was really good!

The club President. They were joking that he looked like a gangster with the glasses on! I feel like the first picture could be an ad, he came out really well on the camera :)

The face of embarrassment haha Everyone was so shy except for two of the guys who kept posing for me even after I told them we had enough :) They were all so adorable as they took the pictures then literally ran away from the camera!


After we took the pictures, my friend said that the group wanted to take me and him out to lunch! We visited a Japanese Ramen shop. The food was good, but I had already eaten before we went, so I let the guy who was eating with me have most of it. I'll have to go back when I'm actually hungry!



1 comment:

  1. I love these!!! It's so amazing that you're making so many friends!! Can't believe how much you've accomplished over there :) :)

    ReplyDelete