Friday, October 25, 2013

Itaewon at Night

Last night, a few of us went to Itaewon, which is the part of Seoul that's known for its high volume of foreigners. Because it was a Thursday (and still midterm week) there really weren't very many people out and about, so it wasn't as exciting as we had hoped; however, that was my first time going there, so I found it really cool anyway! Because it was around 9pm, a lot of the cute shops were closed, which also didn't help. I definitely want to go back during the day when it's more lively and everything is actually open! There were so many side alleys with small bakeries and the like, which I will take full advantage of the next time I go. Also, there really were a lot of foreigners! I didn't even know there were that many non-Korean people living in Korea :P I was honestly surprised by the amount of conversations I overheard and actually understood! All-in-all it was a nice adventure, but I will have to go back when the sun's out!


DOTA 2, for my nerdy family :D

All the cute shops like this that lined the streets were already closed for the night :( We must have just picked the wrong night to go out. 


Probably my favorite picture of the night, just because I like the image of the girl staring out the window with the bike in front and the blue of the restaurant. I want to have a photo shoot and set something up like this! 


Namsan Tower on the mountain (look in the sidebar links to see my trip there)

Lots of shops were getting ready for Halloween by selling costumes! 


"Once there was a boy and one day he found a rabbit at his door..."


Our little group! 


1 comment: