Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hongdae at Night

I went to Hongdae at 3pm today to walk around and ended up staying there until 10:30pm! It was an incredibly long day, my feet are crying out in anger right now; however, it was really nice to walk around there since I think that is my favorite place in Seoul so far! I was alone until about 8pm when my roommate and I met up and she took me to eat patbingsu (classy shaved ice with azuki bean) for my first time! While in Hongdae I watched countless street performances, which is not unusual for the area, and took video. I'm so tired tonight that I'm going to have to put the videos together later... I also took video in Busan that I haven't done with anything yet... so I may just make a "video" post tomorrow. Anyway, take a gander at the photos below and enjoy :D

Cute shops :)

Another cute shop that I can't afford...

Some new street art. The crane is made out of foil and would shimmer with different colors as the sun hit it at different angles, it was a lot prettier in person!







This guy was really good! I took video, so once I put the videos from the entire day together, I'll share!

Sunset! So beautiful! 


PATBINGSU RESTAURANT!!!

I'm not going to lie, I was seriously excited about the patbingsu! I've heard so much about it over such a long period of time, and I'm so happy I got to try it! As I've mentioned before, I love red bean paste and Korea's version of mochi (pounded rice: the off-white cubes sitting in the azuki beans), so this was literally heaven! The shaved ice is more of an extremely light ice cream, which was delicate and melted in your mouth! We ordered the oreo flavor of patbingsu, but this particular shop had so many flavors! I want to try the green tea flavor still, but my roommate's favorite is the strawberry (which I unfortunately can't eat because of my allergy). It was amazing and fit into my expectations perfectly! 

Me and my roommate :)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, Bill and I were so interested in the ice cream things that we spent like thirty minutes looking them up online after reading this post!! So cool that you tried it, it looks so interesting, we couldn't decide how the texture would be! Love the pounded rice cubes, wish we had that in the states cause it looks GOOD

    ReplyDelete